Calm the mind. Relax the body. Sink.
These are the goals of practicing Tai Chi Chuan, whether it’s being learned as an advanced martial art, or simply for the various mental and physical health benefits.
At New Orleans Shaolin-Do, there are different approaches one can take to learn the ancient art of Tai Chi:
Tai Chi Foundations – beginner-level group class
- focuses solely on the health and wellness aspects of preliminary Tai Chi training: breathing, meditation, opening tight joints, and mindful movement
- improves coordination, balance, mind-body connection, and mental focus
- gentle enough for seniors and people with injuries!
Tai Chi Curriculum – intermediate group class that assumes foundational Tai Chi knowledge
- learn series of Tai Chi movements or “forms” from Shaolin-Do’s expansive internal curriculum
- practice vigorous hands-on applications of the art
- specific stretching and strength-building
Private Instruction – for an individual, small group, or corporate event
- outside of typical class times
- scheduled at the client’s convenience
- can be held in one of our studios, or at another location
- receive extended personal attention from one of our senior instructors
- focus on something not typically covered in group classes
- more info here